We are proud to say that we are growing again in terms of members – our newest members are the professional Musician Jan Harries, who has composed Music for the C64 since the „golden ages“ of the 80s‘ and David Ludwig, who is a producer of retro focussed merchandise and print products.
In case you’d like to join in, don’t hesitate and contact us!
We’re a bunch of enthusiasts and everything we do is without pay and we we do it just because we love the Commodore 64 computer.
WHAT? We don’t earn money!? We must be totally crazy!
True, true… and we would be delighted if YOU would be just as crazy and join us!!
What do we need?
Social Media Master
A social media master carries the black belt for social media communication. Whenever there is something to say, he kicks the news out hard against all kinds of social platforms.
- you like to post to facebook and twitter, and maybe more (depends on you)you like to communicate on the net
- We throw news at you and you publish them to at least FB, but in the best case also twitter or any blogs or forums you like. If we write the news in a lame way, you may polish them up, and you will compile the news until we have a big enough pile for a newsletter. You always know what will be in the next newsletter, because you own it.
You hunt down other cool sites/users with a quest to LIKE them or to ask them to crosslink with us.
In case we have smashing news, i.e. a new cool game is out, you contact review sites or mags and inform them about the game and its features.
A translator does, well, translate!
- you are fluent in English and German
- you keep your promises
- any kind of German-English or English-German translations. We have small tasks like translating emails or news, but we also have bigger tasks like translating an entire game or manual.
A C64 graphician is a pixel artist and loves to play around with bitmaps, chars and sprites.
- You know what a pixel is and you are not afraid to use it
- you make our games looks wonderful: ingame graphics are usually in charset mode, title pictures usually multicolour bitmap, and we also neeeeeeed sprites.
Our coders are all busy bees working on their own projects. However, we a) want more projects and b) we have some unfinished games from people who gave them to us in the hope we might finish them up one day, but nobody has has the time to care about these fine games. Apart from game projects, we sometimes also do demos or collections or so. All this needs to be coded. By C64 coders. In case you want to distribute your game via Protovision (and in case we want that, too), we will finance all production costs and you will earn money from every copy sold. You’ll receive whatever is left when we deduct taxes, PayPal fees, production costs and 3 Euros that we take for general other costs. It’s up to you if and how you will further distribute the money within your dev team.
- You know what an opcode is any you are not afraid to use it in cycles.
- game coding
- any kind of coding
A hunter hunts heads or tails. Heads: a hunter helps us to find people who could fulfill any of the above roles. Tails: We are of course always in search for cool new C64 soft- & hardware, so you may want to help us find new C64 products that would fit in with our online store. However, quality trumps quantity. We are not interested in SEUCKs or low quality games in general, we only want to offer what we think it worth the money.
…as you can see, there are plenty of very different tasks that are impatiently waiting for you to fulfill them! So if you WANT to help us, you can. Yes you can.